- Registration for the 2020 event is open!
- See below for the 2019 original event program
The 2019 Chicago Surrogacy Conference & Expo is returning in an extended format and larger venue!
MHB is returning to Chicago, following the successful collaboration with the Center on Halsted and Howard Brown Health Center in previous years. To accommodate the growing interest, the 2019 conference will be held at the spacious Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront hotel, where out of town attendees will also be able to benefit from an discounted group rate. The conference features practical and personal peer advice and opportunities to meet a wide range of leading providers from across the USA at the Gay Parenting Expo, breakout sessions and in private consultations.
Based on feedback from attendees the program has been extended by starting earlier on Saturday, allowing us to add several sessions, and allocate more time for Q&A and socializing. And once more, our Gay Parenting Expo will feature both surrogacy and adoption / foster care resources!
In-depth programs will offer insights from the latest studies about contemporary gestational surrogacy, and specialty panels on insurance, budgeting, medical and psychological aspects of surrogacy. Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
Note: while the event is organized by gay parenting organizations, non-gay prospective surrogacy parents are welcome and will no doubt highly benefit from it as well.
We strongly encourage advance registration for both days - past events have sold out.
Agenda in brief
(more details here)
Saturday, April 13:
• 8:00 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 10:30 - 11:00am: coffee break
• 11:00am - 12:15pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 12:15 -1:45pm: Lunch (courtesy of Family Source Consultants) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 1:50 - 4:00pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers
• 3:00 - 7:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 4:00 - 5:00pm: Coffee break & Expo
Special evening activities (open to the community at large):
• 5:00 - 6:00pm: Personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 6:00 - 7:00pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects.
• 7:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour
Sunday, April 14:
• 8:15 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy (Sponsored by InVia Fertility Specialists)
• 9:00 - 1:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 10:30 - 10:45am: coffee break
• 10:45 - 11:45am: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance. (Sponsored by ART Risk)
• 11:45am -12:45pm: Q&A sessions:
- Legal experts
- Budgeting / The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)