The 15th Annual NY Men Having Babies
Surrogacy Seminar & Gay Parenting Expo
November 9-10, 2019
The Men Having Babies Surrogacy Conference on November 9-10 in NY will feature parenting options in the USA and Canada, several in-depth panels — including on insurance and budgeting, and the return of the popular panel of teen surrogacy children!
For gay men who want to become parents through surrogacy, the Men Having Babies educational conferences are a rare opportunity to get under one roof a wealth of information, advice and access a wide range of relevant service providers — and from an unbiased non-profit organization.
The conference is based on a format MHB developed over the last 14 years in NY, San Francisco, Dallas, Brussels, Chicago and Tel Aviv. The gay parenting expo will be at the large hall on the ground floor, where more than 25 providers and community organizations will offer information on parenting options in the USA and Canada . In-depth workshops and panels have been updated, and arranged in program tracks that will appeal to prospective parents on different stages of the process.
Out of the J, at the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan. As always, proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
We strongly encourage advance registration - our events often sell out. Registration and payment in advance will also speed up your sign-in on the day of the event and allow us to send you updates on logistics and the event's agenda.
Online registration will end when we reach capacity, and no later than Friday, November 8, at noon EST.
Agenda in brief
(more details soon)
Saturday, November 9:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Planning your parenting journey - major legal, medical and financial considerations
• 10:30 - 11:00am: coffee break
• 11:00am - 12:15pm: Personal stories - hear from several surrogates and parents
• 12:15 -1:45pm: Lunch (courtesy of San Diego Fertility Center) and gay parenting expo (tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations).
• 1:45 - 2:45pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
• 2:45 - 3:00pm: Break
• 3:00 - 5:00pm: Breakout sessions - learn more about participating surrogacy providers
• 3:00 - 7:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 5:00 - 6:00pm: A mindful look at surrogacy - Psychological and Ethical aspects.
• 6:00 - 7:00pm: Light Supper & Expo (courtesy of Worldwide Surrogacy Specialists)
Special evening activities (open to the community at large):
• 7:00 - 8:00pm: Teen Panel: Surrogacy children of gay dads share their stories - in cooperation with Family Equality Council's Outspoken Generation program
• 8:00pm: Parents / Intended Parents’ Happy Hour
Sunday, November 10:
• 8:30 - 9:00am: Registration
• 9:00 - 10:30am: Expert panel: Medical aspects of surrogacy (Sponsored by American Fertility Services)
• 9:00 - 1:00pm: Optional private consultations
• 10:30 - 10:45am: coffee break
• 10:45 - 11:45am: Expert panel: Budgeting and insurance.
• 11:45am -12:45pm: Q&A sessions:
- Legal experts
- Budgeting / The Gay Parenting Assistance Program (GPAP)